2014年8月28日星期四

Why you ought to organize customer interviews (even if you don’t think you need to)

Why you ought to organize customer interviews (even if you don’t think you need to)

I admit to a huge amount of hubris otherwise entering the Summer Launchpad course almost three months before. I was excited to give birth to the support and guidance of SLP while my brother (also, my co-founder) and I figured unfashionable how to good turn our prototype into a topic.

But, I found the proposal of liability 10 to 15 customer interviews a week daunting and distracting. How can I commit to “getting unfashionable of the building” once I give birth to so much supplementary composition to organize building and humanizing our originator produce?

Having the status of a musician and the command produce designer, I had a cloudless proposal of the snag I wanted to solve, and I knew what did you say? I wanted to build – following all, I was building it in support of myself!

So, launching into customer discovery felt gratuitous by the clock. Supplementary, I had such stanch convictions roughly thump and the state of electronic instruments with the aim of I was precise my peers would feel the same having the status of way I did.

However, free through the customer development process showed me the danger in the sphere of with the aim of kind of thinking. In the sphere of chatting to musicians and melody producers, I was able consider it with the aim of our quantity proposition resonated strongly with our target customers.

Yet, near was a group to be present learned roughly how our competitors’ products are perceived and used and how Sensory Percussion would fit into the current eco-system.

While my opening pride and inflexible ideas free into customer development interviews posed a opening challenge, my brother and I found an attitude with the aim of worked.

At this time are various tactics culled from our wonderful teachers by SLP, the trim startup corpus of awareness and from our own trial and boo-boo in customer interviews with the aim of I found the largest part of use.

1. Plan a standard slant of questions

To ensure with the aim of overall results from interviews are interpretable and meaningful, benefit the same adjust of questions in support of all interviews. Of direction, these questions ought to be present clear of bias and leading responses.

In the sphere of many interviews, especially with highly-skilled, pro drummers, I felt a request to skip precise questions with the aim of I felt were too obvious. However, the answers to such straightforward questions repetitively surprised me and helped to form a better overall understanding of our customer center.

2. Designate a neutral interviewer to ask questions

In the sphere of the launch, I found our originator several interviews irritating for the reason that I felt a stanch urge to butt in my own experiences, opinion and opinions. So, in support of the originator combine weeks, I handled solitary mention taking until I got the hang of the process.

3. Escape describing the produce otherwise or else in the interview

Although I found it problematical to not promote what did you say? We were working on while scheduling interviews, especially with drummers who I knew would be present excited roughly it, it’s of great consequence to keep interviewees in the sphere of the dark in the sphere of order to search out un-biased responses. Simply knowing what did you say? The produce is can command the customer’s answers.

4. Ask both claimant to attach you with other those to interview

Thump is a pretty detailed and relatively petite background, and so we found it tough to unearth drummers to chatter to by originator. However, many of our in a while interviewees were secondary links through the originator a small amount of those we interviewed.

5. Succeed an effort to shot away from your own encircle

Lone of the deficiencies I motto in the sphere of our customer interviews is with the aim of we didn’t successfully break unfashionable of our own meet people of musician acquaintances, despite referrals to secondary links. The largest part of the musicians I know are in the sphere of indie-rock, jazz, experimental and electronic melody, and we did not interview musicians from other genres. This is a deficiency with the aim of we command give birth to to correct in the sphere of the approach months.

The customer development process showed me with the aim of it’s by no means too primitive to start customer interviews. However, it can be present too late lamented. Although I had wanted to put out of misery the produce originator and jerk straight to user trying, free unfashionable and chatting to capability customers helped focus and shed light on my ideas otherwise building something with the aim of I would give birth to had to redecorate in the sphere of the conclusion.

So if at all of this feels familiar, don’t be present troubled to search out unfashionable near and chatter to those originator. It can solitary help and can potentially save you from building something with the aim of solitary you command require to benefit.



没有评论:

发表评论