2014年7月2日星期三

Garmin prototype 15 check: Sports watch former, fitness tail agree with

Garmin prototype 15 check: Sports watch former, fitness tail agree with

At the same time as the reviews editor in support of this tech blog, I often develop asked which fitness tail I own. And I command family: I don't need individual, inane; I run marathons. Maybe with the purpose of sounds snotty, but it's stanch: For the period of training season, on slightest, I'm probably additional functional than nearly all family retail a fitness orchestra. And in addition, I already own a running watch to track my moment in time, distance and gait. With the purpose of doesn't mean I can't depletion a minor above motivation, though. My movement slowed to a crawl this winter, in particular as I was burned not in from all individuals extended training runs. (The frigid weather didn't help either.) on individual intention, I didn't use in support of not quite two weeks. I gained back the significance I lost take day, and my muscle collection shrank. It right now hurts to prepare squats. Even so, asking me to wear a new device is a tough plug -- especially after it process my stats are getting broaden across sundry services.

In support of family like me, there's the Garmin prototype 15, a sports watch with the purpose of doubles at the same time as a fitness tail. Like other running watches, plus individuals made by Garmin, the prototype 15 tracks your distance, gait and moment in time. It's open with an not obligatory mind rate overseer, and has a practical run-walk setting. But it and tracks your movement flanked by workouts, important you how many steps you've taken and how many calories you've burned. It issues not-so-subtle reminders to move, lest you splurge too much moment in time taking part in your cubicle. On the same moment in time, it doesn't prepare everything a standalone fitness tail would: It doesn't inevitably overseer your slumber routine, and you can't log your food intake straight from the app. Priced on $170 ($200 with the mind rate monitor), it outlay additional than your archetypal fitness tail, but it's substandard in support of a running watch. So is it a obedient deal? With the purpose of all depends on your priorities.

Compared to other fitness trackers on the bazaar -- models from mouth, Fitbit and Nike -- the prototype 15 is bulky, especially sporty-looking. Remember, though, with the purpose of this is a running watch we're conversation a propos, not so much a fitness tail. And compared to other sports watches, it's really pretty trivial. Like many of you, I'm upgrading from an adult style, a much-clunkier watch called the prototype 110. And permit me command you: The significance difference is noticeable. The former moment in time I set this on, I set aside glancing back on my wrist at the same time as I ran up the mass, at the same time as if I had beyond something on domestic. Nope, that's in the past few minutes what did you say? It feels like to take a load rotten.

In support of the purposes of this check, Garmin loaned me a black watch with electric-green accents. Not the color scheme I would enclose singled out, but real-life shoppers spirit on slightest develop a worthy. Taking part in addition to the green-and-black individual, you can order it taking part in black with blue accents, red with black accents, teal with sallow before indigo with sallow. Nonetheless, it's not open to blend taking part in with your everyday outfits the way a mouth Up24 would, especially taking part in these summer months after top it with extended sleeves isn't really an option. Nearly all days, I fixed it not in, even if the watch didn't progress with my dress, but in attendance were a the minority days after I sacrificed fitness in support of way and definite to leave the orchestra on domestic.

At the same time as it happens, the size and design are identical to the prototype 10, a cheaper, $130 watch from Garmin with the purpose of doesn't include skin like uninterrupted step with, mind rate tracking and interval training. Like the prototype 10, it has a plastic orchestra with lots of sizing holes; and a 55 x 32-pixel demonstrate with the purpose of shows two ranks of text and is simple to read outdoors. It's and waterproof up to 50 meters, import you can shower with the entity, before even progress swimming with it if you're so inclined (note: Garmin warns aligned with wearing this in support of high-speed dampen sports like jet skiing, at the same time as a wipeout might still break the watch).

Taking part in the box, you'll and bargain a proprietary cradle with the purpose of plugs into your computer's USB harbor -- you'll depletion with the purpose of in support of charging and syncing the device. If I'm truthful, I would enclose preferred a standard micro-USB pony, but on slightest the cradle is sturdier than on the 110. With the 110, I would occasionally wake up in support of a run to bargain with the purpose of my watch wasn't really charged. On the prototype 15, the cradle snaps taking part in, so you on no account enclose to wonder if the charging points are accurately aligned. And, proprietary cable before veto, the setup at this juncture is quite uncomplicated: I've in the past few minutes been leaving the cradle plugged into my laptop, which process I typically charge the watch extended previously I need to. Speaking of which, the prototype 15 is rated in support of five weeks taking part in watch mode and eight hours of running, so your mileage spirit vary depending on your use regimen. With the purpose of believed, I recently fulfilled a two-hour run and still had three not in of four bars of battery life, which process Garmin's claims are probably pretty accurate.

I'll admit, behind trying the prototype 15, I was tempted to return the pricier prototype 220 I recently purchased and develop this in its place. If you're like me -- a entrant who and wants to track movement flanked by workouts -- the 15 is a compelling worthy. It offers a surprisingly robust article stubborn, individual that's not quite on par with the 220 (plus fitness tracking, of course). All told, too, what did you say? It does, it does well: Accurate GPS tracking, combined with extended battery life and timely reminders to develop up and hike around. Stanch, it doesn't trouble with automatic slumber tracking, but with a design this bulky, I can't say I'd like to wear it to bed anyway.

In attendance are other compromises at the same time as well. As this is a running watch former and a fitness tail agree with, it looks like, well, a running watch, which process you probably won't like to wear it all the moment in time. There's sadly veto wireless syncing, and along these lines veto seamless way to develop all your data on your phone. And, in view of family are getting this watch as they like a minor above motivation all over the sunlight hours, it would happen finicky if the watch and accompanying app did a minor additional to celebrate your achievements -- exceeding your each day step goal, in support of pattern. All with the purpose of believed, the prototype 15 covers nearly all of the fitness-tracking basics, and outlay a propos the same at the same time as a straightforward runner's watch. I say that's a obedient deal. You know, so extended at the same time as you're convincingly serious a propos running.

Tags : Garmin Forerunner 15 , watch



没有评论:

发表评论